Name : Northern Region Industrial Estate
Director : Mrs.Sirimon Komutanont
Phone : +66 5358 1061-9
Fax : +66 5358 1060
E-mail : Northern.email@example.com
Website : www.northnikom.com
Developer : Industrial Estate Authority of Thailand
60 Moo 4, Banklang, Muang, Lamphun 51000
Industrial Estate Office
60 Moo 4, Super-Highway Road Banklang, Muang, Lamphun 51000
- Bangkok: 689 kilometers
- Don Muang Airport: 659 kilometers
- Bangkok Port (Klong Toey): 689 kilometers
- Chiang Mai: 30 kilometers
- Chiang Mai Airport: 27 kilometers
- Total Area 1,788 rai (715.2 acres)
- General Industrial Zone: 351 rai (140.4 acres)
- I-EA-T Free Zone: 805 rai (322 acres)
- Residential/Commercial area: 90 rai (36 acres)
- Residential area: 12 rai (4.8 acres)
- Commercial Area 2,416,000 Baht/rai
- Residential Area 2,100,000 Baht/rai
- Primary roads are asphaltic concrete with a 40-meter-wide right of way. The road surface is 12 meters wide and 6 kilometers long.
- Secondary roads are asphaltic concrete with a 25-meter-wide right of way. The road surface is 6 meters wide and 6.5 kilometers long.
Water Supply System
- Raw water used in year-round water supply production is surface water from Kuang River pumped and stored in a 500,000-cubic-meter reservoir, 70-rai (28-acre) area of land. The current daily water supply capacity is approximately 30,000 cubic meters.
Electrical Power Supply System
- Provider: Provincial Electricity Authority
- Three-phase high voltage power system supplying 120MW and 22kW of power
- Provider: TOT Public Company Limited
- 2,200 telephone lines
Wastewater Treatment System
A central wastewater treatment system has been employed. Wastewater from factories on the estate that have undergone initial treatment, water that already meets wastewater standards set by I-EA-T and wastewater from other activities flows through the main wastewater pipeline into a central wastewater treatment system consisting of an extensive pond or lagoon system covering 75 Rai (30 acres). The system has been upgraded to an aerated lagoon with a maximum capacity of up to 15,000 cubic meters/day and can handle an organic loading rate up to 6,000 KgBoD/day.
The central wastewater treatment system consists of seven major wastewater treatment ponds (mud ponds):
- The 1st Treatment Pond, covering 9.3-rai (14,800-square-meter), is a 4-meter-deep aerated pond with a capacity of 59,520 cubic meters. The retention period is five days. The pond is equipped with 20, 20-horsepower jet aerators to provide bacteria with the oxygen required in the elimination of organic substances contained in the wastewater.
- The 2nd Treatment Pond, covering 3.1-rai (4,800-square-meter), is a 2.5-meter-deep aerated pond with a 12,000-cubic-meter capacity. The retention period is one day. The pond is equipped with eight, 20-horsepower jet aerators to provide bacteria with the oxygen required in the elimination of organic substances contained in the wastewater. The second pond assists the first pond in its treatment capabilities resulting in improved central wastewater-treatment system efficiency.
- The 3rd Treatment Pond, covering 11.35-rai (19,000-square-meter), is a 2.5-meter-deep facultative pond with a capacity of 45,000 cubic meters. The retention period is four days. Bacteria – both those requiring and not requiring oxygen in their natural process of biological decomposition – are used to eliminate organic substances remaining in treated wastewater that has come from the second treatment pond.
- The 4th Treatment Pond, covering 11.35-rai (19,000-square-meter), is also a 2.5-meter-deep facultative pond with a capacity of 45,000 cubic meters. The retention period is four days. Bacteria – both those requiring and not requiring oxygen in their natural process of biological decomposition – are used to eliminate organic substances remaining in treated wastewater coming from the third treatment pond.
- The 5th and the 6th Treatment Ponds, covering 11-rai (17,600-square-meter) and 10.4-rai (16,640-square-meter) respectively, are 1.5-meter-deep oxidation ponds with a respective capacity of 26,400 and 24,960 cubic meters. The retention period is two and 2.08 days, respectively. In addition to using sunlight to kill germs, bacteria requiring oxygen in their natural process of biological decomposition are used to eliminate organic substances. Oxygen required in the process is derived from the atmosphere and the photosynthesis of water plants. At the water release point from the sixth treatment pond into the seventh, an oxidation ditch (OD) uses chlorine for disinfection and algae control, enabling treated wastewater to be reused.
- The 7th Treatment Pond, covering 18.3-rai (29,280-square-meter), is a 3.5-meter-deep detention reservoir with a capacity of 102,480 cubic meters. The retention period is eight days. In this pond, rainwater and treated wastewater meeting the wastewater quality standards specified by the Ministry of Science and Technology are temporarily stored before being released into Kuang River or recycled for various beneficial activities such as watering plants.
Flood Protection System
With a combined length of approximately 18.80 kilometers, the open concrete drainage ditch system that runs alongside roads within the estate serves as part of the flood protection system. Additional flood protection is provided by a 10-kilometer, earth-filled embankment with drainage canals running alongside. When it rains, the on-site pumping station pumps water into Kuang River.
- General Industrial Zone: 1,100 Baht/rai/month
- I-EA-T Free Zone: 1,200 Baht/rai/month
- Commercial Area: 600 Baht/rai/month
- Residential Area: 300 Baht/rai/month
- 14 Baht/cubic meter for the first 5,000 cubic meters of water consumed during a calendar month
- 15 Baht/cubic meter for the next 5,000 cubic meters of water (up to 10,000) consumed during a calendar month
- 16 Baht/cubic meter for every additional cubic meter of water (10,000+) consumed during a calendar month
- Approximately 3 Baht/unit, depending on the rate specified by the Provincial Electricity Authority
- 3 Baht/call, depending on the rate specified by TOT Public Company Limited
Wastewater Treatment Fee
- The fee is calculated based on 80% of the amount of piped water used and based on the level of pollutants contained in the wastewater produced. The average fee is approximately 7 Baht/unit.
Waste Disposal Fee
- 5 Baht/kilogram when deposited at the waste disposal plant
- 7 Baht/kilogram when collected at the factory